Sulgrave's parish church of St James the Less is Grade II* listed, built in the 14th Century. (Click here to find out more about the church). The congregation has been without the accompaniment of its pipe organ for nearly 10 years, so it is very exciting that the restoration stage of our project has now been completed and the organ has been fully restored to its original 1892 condition making it one of the very few working Binns' organs of its age and excellence.
However, our project is not only about restoring the organ: A scholarship scheme has been planned to enable enthusiasts to learn how to play this magnificent instrument; a fund will be set up to pay an organist for our regular church services, and to maintain the organ - thus ensuring that future generations will continue to enjoy organ music in our lovely church.
- Our fundraising continues, as we need funds to secure the future of the organ and to endow the scholarship - please give generously!
- Now the organ is fully restored and on show in all its remarkable glory it will enhance our regular worship and we shall hold regular musical events in the church and endow our teaching scholarship.